Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mind the intention gap

I'm off on my travels. I always intend to keep this blog up while also posting to my travel blog. But I haven't posted in weeks.  And I've posted precious little on my travel blog either.

I'm in London just now, and the Underground announcements still ask commuters to 'mind the gap'. I need to mind the gap between intention and execution. Stephanie Dowrick points out that we tend to judge ourselves on our intentions, and others on their behaviour.

I intend to do better with keeping up this blog. I'm travelling for several weeks yet so it might be a long wait if I don't. At least the travel is prompting many future subjects for opinionated-ness.

2 comments:

Mali said...

Hope you had a great trip.

opinionatedchildlesswoman said...

The trip is going well. I've just spent a week in the land of no connectivity so that has slowed me down too.