Friday, September 17, 2010

A learning experience

Oh dear. I have failed miserably at my 365 day challenge. So much so that I'm officially abandoning it as a Bad Idea.

Three points strike me:
  1. It was asking a lot of myself to start an initiative while on holiday away from home.
  2. 365 days is - self-evidently - too long be an incentive, so I need a challenge bigger than 100 days, but smaller than 365.
  3. If I was doing this for money, I would have no trouble whatsoever with compliance, so I am not as self-motivated as I'd like to believe. (I suspect I am not solo-ing on this point.)
Once I would have felt woefully inadequate and probably abandoned the whole blog because I was such a Useless Failure who did not deserve to pollute the internet with my presence. It would have remained a festering mental loss-of-confidence wound for years. Now at least, I just seek to understand what went wrong, then move on. Middle age has its compensations.

I will keep writing daily while I attempt to come up with a new challenge. Suggestions welcomed, and taken under advisement.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

You need to participate in Blogtoberfest. 31 days of posting and it was a struggle at that!

It's a small world, I once did dance practice with you guys at the raven when I was in my first or second year of Uni. At least, I think I have the right person!