Friday, October 22, 2010

The end of the sixth day

I'm not sure if its true whether fortune favours the bold, but I am sure that the harder I work, the luckier I get. (Thanks to either Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Goldwyn or Gary Player for that gem.)

Not that the hard work occurs in isolation. Some days the stars align, and you get a payoff for several things you've been working on at once.

I've just been perusing (great word, eh?) the first concept proof of my new music studio website by the talented graphic artists at Webalive. Very exciting. Writing the design brief was harder than I expected. I do pity designers who are given a very unclear word-picture, then criticized if the work 'isn't what I asked for'. When actually, its a bit all over the place and so was the brief.

Once my new website is finished I will link to it, right now I'd rather you don't look at the rotting corpse of my old one.  (The irony that I have been freelancing designing other people's communication strategies and websites while absolutely neglecting my own is not lost on me. Hey, doctors don't treat their families either.)

At my current comms gig, I've put to bed the outline of a new program. It's pretty exciting stuff too - the birth of my new brain child! There is an amazing satisfaction in describing a concept so that your listeners appear to 'see' what you are 'seeing'.

Tonight I feel a little like God at the end of the sixth day.

1 comment:

Fast IT Solutions said...

Marvelous! I really liked the way writer has expressed his work with a beautiful title and words. I agree that platforms help a lot to grow as this is the era of Technology. Looking forward to read more of your blocks. Also Visit Fast IT Solutions to find more services like this.