Monday, March 7, 2011

Why this? Why now?

Today was a beautiful sunny day. So I've been doing a deep clean of my bedroom. It seemed like too nice a day to waste, and my room is now as fresh and cheerful as the day outside.

There have been plenty of other lovely sunny days when I've thought, 'I was going to do some house cleaning, but it's far too lovely a day to waste inside...'

I wonder what makes for one choice over the other?

It's not mood - or not wholly mood. I've been known to clean as a form of therapy or self-punishment when I'm grumpy or a a bit melancholy, or when I was cheerful and go-gettery, or just 'oh well, it needs to be done'-ish.

It hasn't much to do with the perceived state of my bedroom. I have a dust allergy (we're a sizable minority) so I intermittently turn out my room as a precaution.

It's a bit of a mystery.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: