Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Losing count

Wow. I've been posting from my iPhone via email and haven't kept good enough count. I think I had about 4 'post 55's back there... thought I was in Groundhog Day for a minute.

I'm used to losing count in my knitting, but I didn't realise it could happen with my posts as well. Might have to add a counter to my calender - at the moment I just have a repeating item. (It's all about the processes.)

I hope I'm lose count as easily in relationships. I'm not fond of transactional analogies for love. It's true sufficient "love deposits" will help if you ever stuff up big time, but it's easy to turn a friendship or a marriage into a trading scheme: I'll see you that venting session about work, and raise you a dirty kitchen and a half dozen homework supervisions.

If you're going to keep count, keep a gratitude list. Today I'm feeling particularly grateful for
  • the sunshine after several cloudy days,
  • a clean house,
  • the especially delicious coffee made by my local barista,
  • the smooth action and responsiveness of my (newish) sewing machine,
  • a delicious and unexpected homemade apricot crumble, and
  • crisp cotton bedsheets
  • my loved ones.

This is post 62 of 100 posts in 100 days.

No comments: