Friday, May 14, 2010

One little thing

My local cafe has the best mushrooms. The secret is a little rosemary. It brings out a savoury-smokey flavour that makes the mushrooms even more mushroom-ey. (Ok, I haven't had dinner.)

One of my music students is learning a new piece, and has her hands coordinated enough that she was able to add some groove to the rhythm. It wasn't wrong before, it just wasn't very blues-ey. Now it is, it sounds like a different piece altogether - or a different pianist!

In each case, one little thing took their work from acceptable and pedestrian to outstanding and amazing. I think we could all use a little more amazing in our life.

Another student is looking at different interpretations of a song. He's going to try a couple of different styles and asked me, "will it be better that way?" I replied: "well, it will be different, and then you can see if its better."

Making the commitment to write here every day is one little thing that is making my life richer. Because I have to write something, I find I'm noticing more, and I'm reflecting on my what happens. I'm already more connected to my own experience, and its just over a week.

What's one little thing you could do today?

This is post 9 of 100 posts in 100 days.

No comments: