Thursday, May 6, 2010

Real artists ship: 100 Posts in 100 Days

Coulda Woulda Shoulda Didn't.
Pretty much sums up the past year here at opinonatedchildlesswoman.

"Real artists ship" according to Steve Jobs, and quoted by Seth Goden in his latest book, Linchpin. For the longest time, I haven't been shipping.

"Shipping means hitting the publish button on your blog. ... Shipping is the collision between your work and the outside world." (p.103)

Wow: reality check. I could cite a hundred good reasons why I haven't been around. But mostly it's just resistance, that inner voice that protects the ego from failure, usually by paralyzing me with self-doubt.

So here's my challenge, and my promise: I will post at least once every 24 hours for the next 100 days.

Let's see what happens.

No comments: