Monday, May 17, 2010

When the mood takes us

I don't really feel like posting tonight. I've had a hard day, I'm cold and frankly I just don't feel inspired. So negative inspiration led me to the subject of today's entry.

I think most of us have times when we're like the little girl with the little curl: when we are good we are very, very good, but when we are bad we are rotten.

When I feel well, feel happy, and - most important - feel appreciated, I can move mountains. I can be efficient, good-tempered (even in the teeth of provocation), insightful, industrious... you get the idea.

Then, the wind changes, or my head aches, or it's been a little while since I was praised, or I'm coming down with a cold, or I'm annoyed with my spouse, or... you get the idea. Since I'm a grown-up, I don't let "don't feel like it" completely derail my life. I still get the must-dos done, although sometimes other things slide. The joy of doing is often absent.

I'm intrigued by this. What happens to turn our mood? Where does inspiration go when it hides from us? Do you know?

This is post 12 of 100 posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was "horrid", not "rotten".