Friday, June 25, 2010

Habituated

I want to take a moment to reflect on this challenge, now that I'm more than half way through.

Habits form themselves remarkably easily, it seems. At the start I expected to struggle with remembering to post: I set myself up reminders in my iPhone, and had a note I placed on my pillow so that if I tried to get into bed without posting, it would remind me before it was too late.

Reminders weren't necessary for long. Now I just seem to remember. The times I've run late have been due to outside circumstances, not 'couldn't be bothered'-ness, or it's passive-aggressive brother 'look, I forgot ok? I've been really busy... '.

When I began blogging a couple of years back, I struggled to write once per week. Now I have a list of topics on which I plan to be opinionated. On any given day, I usually add more topics than I write about. Which is a great comfort on days when I'm not feeling inspired. A number of writers have commented that if they turn up at the page, the muse tends to drift in around the same time.

Now I have to start thinking about what my next challenge will be, and what my reward will be for completing this one. This writing space is taking attention away from other writing projects. Maybe the next 100 days will be about being more succinct? or writing on set themes? If you have a topic on which you'd like me to hold forth, drop me a line. Until tomorrow, then.

This is post 51 of 100 posts in 100 days.

No comments: