Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happiness is a problem you can solve

I'm adding database design to my skill set. Relational database design at that.

The hardest part is not coding - the software mostly takes care of that these days - it's understanding the business needs, and how discrete bits of information will work together.

Once you see how the bits of information relate, you're off. Or you start with a task you want to automate and work out the simplest way to do it, using which information.

It's like sorting out a huge tangle of wool, a job I used to enjoy more than the actual knitting when I was a child.

Sorting out a knotty problem, making tasks easier, learning a new skill and getting paid for it. Happiness is not always located where the mass marketers would have us believe.

This is post 30 of 43 posts.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: