Saturday, February 26, 2011

Small adjustments, big payoff

Today I parked at the local market. I was delighted to get a spot in the shade. At our house we are shade-lovers on even quite mild sunny days. It's an unthinking habit now. I'll walk a block further to have a cooler car.

I began to consider how I've benefitted from making shade-seeking a habit. It's hard to quantify exactly, but how much frustration have I avoided by my car being up to 10'c cooker than those parked in the sun's glare? How much spoiled food have I avoided? How many ruined CDs and tapes? (Yes, I am that old,) how many dehydration headaches?

This small adjustment has probably caused a small but definite improvement in my overall quality of life. Small adjustment, but a big payoff.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dawn said...

also fewer wrinkles and sunspots, less heat distress. It takes me ages to recover from becoming over heated and I'm pretty useless and unpleasant in that state. Admittedly there has been less sun to worry about this summer.

From a fellow shade seeker.