Friday, February 4, 2011

Over and out

Do you ever wonder how to - gracefully - extract yourself from a text exchange?
Have you ever felt uncertain whether A) the recipient has seen the text yet, B) they are considering their options, or C) they're ignoring you?
This may mean I am hopelessly middle-aged and not 2.0 native, but I offer one solution. Back in the days of radio - which, incidentally, was very nearly before my time - there was a system for just these occasions.
End any text where you expect a response with 'over'.
End any text which you consider finished with 'out'.
NB: In spite of B-grade movies, 'over and out' is a nonsense.
I wonder what text-speak contractions we'll use once the tech-natives get hold of this?
Of course, the under 30 never seem to consider a text exchange finished... Or is it just me who thinks so?
Over...
This is post 24 of 43 posts.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: